[mpich-discuss] MPI_Comm_spawn crosses node boundaries

Raffenetti, Ken raffenet at anl.gov
Fri Feb 4 11:41:58 CST 2022

Yes, you should also use --with-pm=none. If using mpicc to build your application, you should not have to add -lpmi. The script will handle it for you.

If using another method, you might have to add it. These days with shared libraries, linkers are often able to manage "inter-library" dependencies just fine. Static builds are a different story.

Ken

On 2/4/22, 11:35 AM, "Mccall, Kurt E. (MSFC-EV41)" <kurt.e.mccall at nasa.gov> wrote:

    Ken,

    >> configure --with-slurm=/opt/slurm --with-pmi=slurm

    That is similar to your first suggestion below.   With the above, do I have to include --with-pm=none?   I guess I also have to link my application with -lpmi, right?

    Thanks,
    Kurt