[mpich-discuss] Compile issue with QMPI

Zhou, Hui zhouh at anl.gov
Sat Feb 5 08:20:32 CST 2022

Hi Amit,

Thanks for reporting.
Tracked here: https://github.com/pmodels/mpich/issues/5829

We'll follow up.

--
Hui Zhou
[https://opengraph.githubassets.com/e4bc7b1f790349dcb375890726ef21718e853b6c77d18a744d51a1bb23c601e3/pmodels/mpich/issues/5829]<https://github.com/pmodels/mpich/issues/5829>
qmpi: failed to build in mpich-4.0 · Issue #5829 · pmodels/mpich<https://github.com/pmodels/mpich/issues/5829>
>From discuss mailinglist: [quote] Hi Mpich team, I see the following issue with the latest 4.0 release of MPICH while adding QMPI support at configure time? make[2]: Entering directory `/scratch1/0...
github.com

________________________________
From: Amit Ruhela via discuss <discuss at mpich.org>
Sent: Friday, February 4, 2022 5:34 PM
To: discuss at mpich.org <discuss at mpich.org>
Cc: Amit Ruhela <aruhela at tacc.utexas.edu>
Subject: [mpich-discuss] Compile issue with QMPI

Hi Mpich team,

I see the following issue with the latest 4.0 release of MPICH while adding QMPI support at configure time?

make[2]: Entering directory `/scratch1/05231/aruhela/libs/mpich/tar-mpich-4.0'
  CC       src/binding/c/attr/lib_libmpi_la-attr_delete.lo
src/binding/c/attr/attr_delete.c(63): error: attributes are not permitted in a function definition
  int QMPI_Attr_delete(QMPI_Context context, int tool_id, MPI_Comm comm, int keyval) MPICH_API_PUBLIC
                                                                                                                                                                 ^

compilation aborted for src/binding/c/attr/attr_delete.c (code 2)
make[2]: *** [src/binding/c/attr/lib_libmpi_la-attr_delete.lo] Error 1

Any suggestions to resolve the build error?

Amit Ruhela, Ph.D.

HPC Software Tools Group

Texas Advanced Computing Center

The University of Texas at Austin