[mpich-discuss] new to mpi: performance issues when using mpich

Raffenetti, Ken raffenet at anl.gov
Wed Feb 16 13:22:15 CST 2022

--cpus-per-task is not equivalent to -ppn when using mpiexec/mpirun. -ppn says launch this many processes per node. --cpus-per-tasks says launch as many processes as you can so that each has access to at least 8 CPU cores. Trying tuning the launch options so you are sure you are launching the same number of procs in either configuration.

Ken