[mpich-discuss] Custom rank for processes

Jenke, Joachim jenke at itc.rwth-aachen.de
Mon Jul 1 14:21:53 CDT 2024

MPI defines rank numbers to be consecutive from 0 to size-1. Your suggested numbering will not work.
-Joachim
________________________________
Hello, Is it possible to provide custom ranks to processes ? I see a param called “-rankmap” .. Does it provide this option? Is it possible to do something like below : Node1 => 2 processes => rank 2,3 Node2 => 2 processes => rank
ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart
This Message Is From an External Sender

ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerEnd

Hello,

Is it possible to provide custom ranks to processes ?

I see a param called “-rankmap” .. Does it provide this option?

Is it possible to do something like below :

Node1 => 2 processes => rank 2,3

Node2 => 2 processes => rank 20,30

Thanks.