[mpich-discuss] MPI debugging using PTP

Dr. Yehuda Singer yehuda.singer at llp.co.il
Sun Jun 9 06:55:45 CDT 2024

Dear Sir/Mrs.

I use the Eclipse scientific package. .

I develop automatic parallelization. One mode is that we use multiple processors connected in a network. We want that all the cores of each processors will work efficiently on

The application.

The first stage is to take a 40 cores machine and run the application in groups of 8 cores using MPI.

The only way to do it is using the PTP.

In any case the Eclipses scientific activates the PTP.

There were the following problems in activating the parallel debugger:

1.	The script for MPICH2 to start debugging was full with logical errors. I revised it and now it works. I can send it to you.
2.	The SDM package which is written in Chas not been maintained.  I organized it as an Eclipse C/C++ project and changed definitions which do not follow the C standard. C98

Enclosed please find:

1.	The MPI code in C++
2.	Screen snap-shot.

Best regards,

Yehuda

Dr. Yehuda Singer

Parallel Solutions Ltd.

https://urldefense.us/v3/__http://www.llp.co.il__;!!G_uCfscf7eWS!biR3k0xs8thKXhT7JztWMDrruLzdTXWqakrMS5xmnEdZ0mE7wgz1QsiwoUNuWStlEx5aNutyRilaXnBux174sg$  <https://urldefense.us/v3/__http://www.llp.co.il/__;!!G_uCfscf7eWS!biR3k0xs8thKXhT7JztWMDrruLzdTXWqakrMS5xmnEdZ0mE7wgz1QsiwoUNuWStlEx5aNutyRilaXnC1_lNVpA$ >

Office:  972-74-7012159

Mobile: 972-52-2306-311