[mpich-discuss] How to use ppr with mpiexec?

Zhou, Hui zhouh at anl.gov
Tue Oct 8 10:32:45 CDT 2024

If you are using hydra – the default launcher installed with MPICH, the “-hosts” option accepts a comma separated list, so something like “-hosts node1:4,node2:4,node3:4”. The “:4” tells the launcher to assign 4 processes per host, so you don’t need another “-map-by” option. Alternatively, you could use “-hosts node1,node2,node3 -ppn 4” for the same effect.

--
Hui Zhou