[mpich-devel] Message Passing models for Hybrid Parallelism

Huiwei Lu huiweilu at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Aug 28 09:40:37 CDT 2013

Hi, Muhammad,

As I am also starting to exploit this area, I would like to share with you
some of my readings.

Following are a few papers to help you start:
1. Early Experiments with the OpenMP/MPI Hybrid Programming Model,
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~lusk/hybridpaper.pdf
2. Test Suite for Evaluating Performance of MPI Implementations That
Support MPI THREAD MULTIPLE,
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~thakur/papers/thread-tests.pdf

In the second paper, you can also find some code examples for using hybrid
programming model.

Best,

Huiwei Lu
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~huiweilu/