[mpich-devel] Message Passing models for Hybrid Parallelism

Muhammad Ansar Javed muhammad.ansar at seecs.edu.pk
Thu Aug 29 13:31:16 CDT 2013

Hi Huiwei,
Thank you so much for suggesting reading material. These are really useful
papers but I am looking for models that provide seamless integration of two
devices (Network device and Shared Memory device) into one hybrid device.
Message passing mechanism should be exactly same  for end user at MPI
layer.
Idea is to use to use Network Device for establishing network communication
between nodes and Shared memory device should be responsible for Intra-node
communication on each multi-core machine. Shared Memory device is
implemented using Multi-threading approach. Both Network and Shared Memory
device are in working state independently.

I hope it explains what I am really looking for. Please suggest papers that
can provide guidelines for achieving this goal.

--

Regards:
*
Email: muhammad.ansar at seecs.edu.pk