[mpich-devel] MPIR_ERRTEST_ARGNULL and count=0 (or type_size=0)

Lisandro Dalcin dalcinl at gmail.com
Wed May 29 16:14:15 CDT 2013

On 29 May 2013 23:55, Jeff Hammond <jhammond at alcf.anl.gov> wrote:
> Well that's no fun.  I was hoping to make it look like I did some
> actual work here :-)

The actual work is figuring out the issue!!! I've spent enough time
with these bugs in other MPI implementations. As I know by testing
myself that MPICH does the right thing for MPI 2.x calls, I guesses
you were missing a more easy way to do it.

BTW, check this:

$ grep -r MPIR_ERRTEST_USERBUFFER src/mpi/rma

I get no output, I think other RMA calls also need better error
checking of buffer addresses...

--
Lisandro Dalcin