[mpich-devel] MPIR_ERRTEST_ARGNULL and count=0 (or type_size=0)

Jeff Hammond jhammond at alcf.anl.gov
Wed May 29 16:24:50 CDT 2013

I don't know if you read
http://trac.mpich.org/projects/mpich/ticket/1863, but the RMA code in
the repo is using MPIR_ERRTEST_ARGNULL in a few places, which caused
me problems in ARMCI-MPI.  Most of the RMA functions, in particular
the ones that existed in MPI-2, were missing any buffer checks.  The
buffer checks that were present were added to the RMW routines.

My patch is relative to remotes/origin/HEAD.  "I don't always build
MPI from source, but when I do, I use the latest development version
of MPICH" </dos equis mem>

Best,

Jeff

--