[mpich-devel] Future of MPE?

Lisandro Dalcin dalcinl at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 12:37:44 CDT 2013

On 16 October 2013 19:52, Jeff Hammond <jhammond at alcf.anl.gov> wrote:
> In what context is fast configure solving a real problem?

I'm failing to see the problem. After core MPICH (+ROMIO) is
configured, it seems to me there is enough information to configure
MPE without testing for any MPI feature. I'm probably missing
something obvious (e.g., the work required to actually implement that
logic), so please ignore me. Now I have a confirmation that in the
future I should not expect MPICH to also build and install MPE, it
will be a separate download and install.

--
Lisandro Dalcin