[mpich-devel] build broken on 'master': 'mpitypedefs.h' file not found

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Jan 5 23:00:30 CST 2014

Rob Latham <robl at mcs.anl.gov> writes:

> On Sat, Jan 04, 2014 at 08:08:16PM -0600, Jed Brown wrote:
>> Rob, this commit does not build, at least not if you configure out of
>> source.
>
> Jenkins did not find a problem with this commit, so I'd like to
> understand what's different in your environment.

I configure out of source.  In this case,

$ mkdir build-clang
$ cd build-clang
$ ../configure --prefix=/home/jed/usr/mpich-clang --enable-shared --enable-error-checking=runtime --enable-error-messages=all --enable-timer-type=clock_gettime --with-python=python2 CC=clang CXX=clang++ F77=gfortran FC=gfortran
[...]
$ make

> Yeah, in the standalone ROMIO case I do not include that
> mpich-specific header, and MPI_AINT_CAST_TO_VOID_PTR becomes nothing
> thanks to macro magic.

But where is MPI_AINT_CAST_TO_VOID_PTR used (on BG/Q) and why can't that
code use ADIOI_AINT_CAST_TO_VOID_PTR?