[mpich-devel] build broken on 'master': 'mpitypedefs.h' file not found

Rob Latham robl at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jan 6 13:29:06 CST 2014

On Sun, Jan 05, 2014 at 11:00:30PM -0600, Jed Brown wrote:
> Rob Latham <robl at mcs.anl.gov> writes:
> > Jenkins did not find a problem with this commit, so I'd like to
> > understand what's different in your environment.
>
> I configure out of source.  In this case,

if jenkins does not do that i'm going to kick ken in the shins.
That's right, both of them.

> > Yeah, in the standalone ROMIO case I do not include that
> > mpich-specific header, and MPI_AINT_CAST_TO_VOID_PTR becomes nothing
> > thanks to macro magic.
>
> But where is MPI_AINT_CAST_TO_VOID_PTR used (on BG/Q) and why can't that
> code use ADIOI_AINT_CAST_TO_VOID_PTR?

I think you're looking for the opposite question.
MPI_AINT_CAST_TO_VOID_PTR is used throughout the MPICH code base.
ROMIO should use MPI_AINT_CAST_TO_VOID_PTR, providing it's own (stubed
out?) version if that macro is not available.

but whatever we do, I cannot break the build. deep shame upon me for
thinking this "obviously correct" two liner did not require a bit more
attention.

==rob

--
Rob Latham