[mpich-devel] where is ADIOI_XFS_WriteStridedColl in mpich3.3a2

Latham, Robert J. robl at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Apr 14 21:22:35 CDT 2017

On Fri, 2017-04-14 at 14:14 -0700, Jaln wrote:
> Hi,
> I have downloaded the mpich3.3a2, I was checking this function
> ADIOI_GEN_WriteStridedColl()
> in mpi/romio/adio/common/ad_write_coll.c
>
> I was trying to figure out which function will call it. The
> website http://charm.cs.uiuc.edu/doxygen/charm/adioi__fs__proto_8h.sh
> tml#b325f693fff3f079e9d50d5f845e4d0f

There is a structure of function pointers.  ADIO_WriteStridedColl is a
C macro that provides some syntactic sugar around the function pointer
call.

> shows a caller graph, and it shows ADIOI_XFS_WriteStridedColl is one
> of the callers. But I couldn't find it in this mpich branch. All it
> has:
> ad_xfs.c  ad_xfs.h  ad_xfs_fcntl.c  ad_xfs_hints.c  ad_xfs_open.c
> ad_xfs_read.c  ad_xfs_resize.c  ad_xfs_write.c
>
> Is there any change to the code structure?

no change in code structure: just some C preprocessor trickery combined
with function pointer magic.

To answer your question, start with MPIOI_File_write_all() in
write_all.c

==rob