[mpich-discuss] regarding parallel proramming error

Mahesh Doijade maheshdoijade at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 00:14:58 CDT 2013

     The issue seems to be that you have probably not created a machinefile
which consists of node name to number of processes mapping and this file
should be present in the same dir. of the other nodes on which you are
launching other MPI processes, this is required in case you want to run the
MPI program across the two or more nodes, you can find more details of the
format in which this information has to be in the machinefile and the other
requisite steps need for running your MPI program across multiple nodes
from this link
http://wiki.mpich.org/mpich/index.php/Using_the_Hydra_Process_Manager
       Also, in order to launch the processes across multiple nodes you
need to do ssh passwordless login among those nodes, in case you are using
ssh as the connection mechanism, you can find more details about the
procedure for ssh passwordless login over here
http://www.techlitic.com/ssh-passwordless-login.html

Regards,
Mahesh Doijade,
http://www.techdarting.com/