[mpich-discuss] MPD problem

hamideh jabalameli hamideh.jabalameli at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 04:08:08 CDT 2013

I solve this problem. I write this solution that other friends can use.

I change hostname to localhost.localdomain (127.0.0.1) with the following
command:
hostnamectl set-hostname 127.0.0.1

I didnt received the previous error.
 but :

configuration file /Users/fangohr/.mpd.conf not found
A file named .mpd.conf file must be present in the user's home
directory (/etc/mpd.conf if root) with read and write access
only for the user, and must contain at least a line with:
MPD_SECRETWORD=<secretword>
One way to safely create this file is to do the following:
  cd $HOME
  touch .mpd.conf
  chmod 600 .mpd.conf
and then use an editor to insert a line like
  MPD_SECRETWORD=mr45-j9z
into the file

therefore, I do once these steps. and I can run mpd and mpd -d.

:)

hamideh.jabalameli at gmail.com