[mpich-discuss] MPD problem

Wesley Bland wbland at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Aug 22 12:21:57 CDT 2013

Hamideh,

Which version of MPICH are you using? My guess is that it's very old as MPD
has not been the default process manager since version 1.3. You can check
out the wiki page here (
http://wiki.mpich.org/mpich/index.php/Frequently_Asked_Questions#Q:_My_MPD_ring_won.27t_start.2C_what.27s_wrong.3F)
for pointers about using MPD, but in general the suggestion here would be
to update to a much more recent version of MPICH. The current stable
version is 3.0.4.

Thanks,
Wesley