[mpich-discuss] mpifort wrapper compiler?

Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) jsquyres at cisco.com
Thu Dec 12 07:48:54 CST 2013

On Dec 11, 2013, at 10:29 PM, Rajeev Thakur <thakur at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

>> I agree that this is right for most cases, eg ifort, ftn and gfortran. I recall PGI has language-named variants.

They also have pgifortran (my PGI license has expired, so I can't say what they do today).

>> Not sure what you think should be done there. That is a case that actually matters to MPICH and OpenMPI builds from source by users (as opposed to IBM on BG).
>
> The Absoft compiler also has different names af77 and af90.

Correct; it does not look like Absoft has consolidated down to a single Absoft executable.  FWIW: I just asked an Absoft employee -- he said:

-----
We have af77, af90, and af95. The af77 driver enables some legacy FORTRAN 77
extensions but there is no difference between af90 and af95.

Also, all three drivers define the following symbols if the C pre-processor
is invoked by convention ( all cap file extensions .F .F90 .F95 .FOR) or
by option ( -cpp ), -D__ABSOFT__  and  -D__ABSVER__=140
-----

--
Jeff Squyres
jsquyres at cisco.com