[mpich-discuss] Problem with SystemStubs under Mac OS X 10.7.5.

Dave Goodell goodell at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Feb 23 12:13:43 CST 2013

On Feb 23, 2013, at 11:52 AM CST, Douglas Dommermuth wrote:

> I have attached the files that you requested (files.tar.gz).  I could not find this file: mpich-3.0.2/src/pm/hydra/tools/topo/hwloc/hwloc/config.log.  The output for compling pi3f90.f90 is below:
>
> mpif90 pi3f90.f90
> ld: library not found for -lSystemStubs

Did you upgrade to 10.7 (Lion) without reinstalling the Intel Fortran compiler?  Most of the google hits I'm getting about this indicate that it can happen when:

1) you have an ifort version <12.1; or

2) you installed ifort, then upgraded from 10.6 (or earlier) to 10.7 (or later).

Obviously, #1 does not appear to apply to you.  So maybe #2 does?

We do have some logic to add "-lSystemStubs" to the link line in certain circumstances, but your config.log file is showing that we are not doing that in your case:

----8<----
pac_cv_prog_f77_and_c_stdio_libs=none
[…]
pac_cv_prog_fc_and_c_stdio_libs=none

Further debug might be accomplished by inspecting the output of these two commands:

mpif90 -show pi3f90.f90
mpif90 -v pi3f90.f90

The first will show the ifort command that MPICH intends to execute.  The second will show the commands that the ifort compiler driver executes as it attempts to compile your program.  This should show us which part of the stack is incorrectly adding "-lSystemStubs" to your link line.  My guess is that it's your ifort install, based on the other information that you have sent so far.

-Dave