[mpich-discuss] mpich 3.0.1 won't build shared libs without fortran?

Eric A. Borisch eborisch at ieee.org
Thu Jan 3 08:55:02 CST 2013

I am having difficulty getting mpich 3.0.1 to build shared libs when I'm
not using fortran; it still runs checks (against false) for the fortran
compilers (even though I am requesting --disable-fc --disable-f77) and
associated tools and predictably fails those tests, needlessly disabling
the "build shared libs" var.

Any thoughts? I've put the config.log [1] up on pastebin rather than
attaching the half-meg file. You can see things go south in lines 498-579.

Hopefully I've just missed something obvious...

(This was building with clang; similar happens with llvm-gcc.)

Thanks,
 Eric

[1] http://pastebin.com/snr3VGdf