[mpich-discuss] Weird thing -- MPICH2 on domain

Qiguo Jing QJing at TrinityConsultants.com
Fri Jan 25 17:16:58 CST 2013

All,

I have been encountering a weird thing, which draw me crazy. I hope
someone here can help me.

I have two computers, a laptop (Windows 7 64 bit) and a desktop (Window 7
32 bit). Both are in company domain, and I use the some information to
login. So the MPICH2 registration information are the same for both
computers. I developed a parallel FORTRAN program using my laptop.

1. If I connect the internet cable on laptop. --> Program works. Results
are good.
2. If I disconnect the internet cable on laptop. --> Program fails, saying
Program Exception - access violation
3. If I connect the internet cable on Desktop. --> Program runs and
finishes, but the results are wrong. Slave processors and master processor
do not communicate, so that results on slave processor can not be passed
to main processor.
4. If I disconnect the internet cable on Desktop. -> Program works.
Results are good.

Can someone help?

Thanks.

entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.   If you
Received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material
from any computer.