[mpich-discuss] execvp error on file comm2_spawn_child

Wesley Bland wbland at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jul 1 09:23:14 CDT 2013

The correct way of calling MPI_COMM_SPAWN is to create an MPI_INFO object with they key wdir set to the working directory you want to use for the spawned processes. The working directory for the parent process is not necessarily used for the spawned children. Alternatively, you can just use the full path and you don't need to worry about the working directory unless you have other parts of your application which use it (reading files, etc.).

Wesley

P.S. We no longer call the project MPICH2. It's just MPICH now as of version 3.x