[mpich-discuss] availability of an implementation of MPI 3 on production platforms

Jeff Hammond jeff.science at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 09:16:56 CDT 2013

If you post this to the MPI Forum list, Rich Graham should be able to
share his slide deck of the ETA for MPI-3 for essentially all
implementations.

MPICH-3 supports all of MPI-3 as far as I know.  I think MVAPICH2-1.9
is derived from it but I have not verified that everything in MPI-3 is
working (I have no reason to doubt this).

Word on the street is that Cray deployed their latest MPI
implementation based upon MPICH-3, hence it should support MPI-3 as
well.

The MPICH test suite exercises many aspects of MPI-3 and can be used
to verify other implementations.

In the event you're interested in RMA, I have been using most of MPI-3
RMA from MPICH-3 regularly.

Best,

Jeff