[mpich-discuss] Running an mpi program that needs to access /dev/mem

Jeff Hammond jhammond at alcf.anl.gov
Sun Jun 16 12:19:48 CDT 2013

> I did not want to spend a whole day installing hydra instead of smpd if it would not work.

It took me 41 seconds to install Hydra ex nihilo and I didn't even use
"make -j".  The argument that installation time is a bottleneck is
invalid.  smpd is not supported and you shouldn't use it.  End of
discussion.

Jeff

<snip>
ALL DONE
Sun Jun 16 12:16:12 CDT 2013

real	0m40.912s
user	0m17.405s
sys	0m11.028s

Jeffs-MacBook-Pro:tmp jhammond$ cat auto
#!/bin/bash
date
wget http://www.mpich.org/static/downloads/3.0.4/hydra-3.0.4.tar.gz && \
tar -xzf hydra-3.0.4.tar.gz && \
cd hydra-3.0.4 && \
mkdir build && \
cd build && \
../configure CC=gcc --prefix=/tmp/hydra-install && \
make && \
make install && \
make check
echo "ALL DONE"