[mpich-discuss] Running an mpi program that needs to access /dev/mem

Lee, Eibhlin eibhlin.lee10 at imperial.ac.uk
Sun Jun 16 12:26:59 CDT 2013

Unfortunately my past experience with hydra is VERY different.
I'm baffled as to how you managed to do it so quickly. Surely you have to download the file from mpich.org then unzip (which takes at least 5 mins) then configure (up to an hour) make (a long time as well) and finally make install (another chance in which you can go have a cuppa). And then get the image and put it onto another device which first needs formatting; for me that takes anywhere between 10 minutes and an hour.
What did you do so that it took so little time?
Eibhlin