[mpich-discuss] installing mpich-1.2.6 to create libmpich.so.1.0

Jeff Hammond jhammond at alcf.anl.gov
Tue Jun 25 07:19:12 CDT 2013

Try MPICH 3.0.4.  MPICH 1.2.6 is ancient and not supported.

This is how I build MPICH 3.0.4.  You will have to edit the prefix option appropriately.

wget http://www.mpich.org/static/downloads/3.0.4/mpich-3.0.4.tar.gz
tar -xzf mpich-3.0.4.tar.gz
cd mpich-3.0.4
mkdir build-gcc
cd build-gcc/
../configure CC=gcc CXX=g++ FC=gfortran F77=gfortran --enable-fc --enable-f77 --enable-threads --enable-g=dbg --with-device=ch3:nemesis --with-pm=hydra --prefix=.

Jeff