[mpich-discuss] installing mpich-1.2.6 to create libmpich.so.1.0

Wesley Bland wbland at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jun 25 07:46:10 CDT 2013

Alternatively, if you have access to a package manager on your machine, you can just do something like apt-get install mpich2. The version available from most package managers is a little old, but it does simplify the installation process.

If you do need to build from source, make sure you read through the README file in the top level directory of MPICH. It has lots of instructions for installation and will show you the best way to report issues to this mailing list so we can help you most efficiently.

Let us know if you're still having trouble after you try those things.

Wesley