[mpich-discuss] mpich2 and windows server 2012

Lars Lindbom lindbom at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 02:59:37 CDT 2013

Hi,

I have a problem getting mpich2 to run on Windows Server 2012. We have a
small set of servers successfully configured and running Windows Server
2008 R2 and MPICH2 without any problem.

The error I get seems to indicate a problem in the authentication process.

>"c:\Program Files (x86)\MPICH2\bin\mpiexec.exe" –validate

SUCCESS

>"c:\Program Files (x86)\MPICH2\bin\mpiexec.exe" -host localhost nonmem.exe

Credentials for Lars rejected connecting to localhost

Aborting: Unable to connect to localhost

The credentials are correct and I have tried multiple user accounts with
the same result.

I don't think it's related but for what it's worth I have made sure that I
have the same firewall settings for the mpich executables as on the 2008 R2
servers.

I would appreciate any help in getting this solved.

Thanks,

Lars