[mpich-discuss] Hydra torque support issues

Dave Goodell goodell at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Mar 7 15:57:25 CST 2013

On Mar 7, 2013, at 3:51 PM CST, Bharath Ramesh <bramesh at vt.edu> wrote:

> I am using mvapich2-1.9a2 which is based of mpich2-1.5. We have
> enabled Torque integration with hydra. We are noticing an issue
> where in Torque is not tracking the resource used by the MPI
> application when they are built with mvapich2. Further
> investigation revealed that mvapich2 hydra process launcher was
> not setting the correct session id to what torque used for
> forking the shell.  I am wondering if this is a known issue or
> something that has already been fixed. If it has been fixed, what
> would be the best way to upgrade just hydra without affecting the
> rest of MPI stack.

I can't speak to whether the issue is known or fixed (Pavan will know).  But you can install a different version of Hydra from one of the release tarballs or nightly tarballs:

http://www.mpich.org/downloads/
http://www.mpich.org/static/tarballs/3.0.2/hydra-3.0.2.tar.gz
http://www.mpich.org/static/tarballs/nightly/hydra/

-Dave