[mpich-discuss] MPI_set_view, for offset larger than an integer

Ana María Sánchez krazorange at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 10:28:02 CDT 2013

Hi all,

    I need to read a file, using MPI_set_view. The problem occurs when the
file is so large that the offset that I need to provide to the MPI_set_view
is larger than the maximum value for an integer.  For example I need to set
the offset to 3826145886. In some documentation I've read the offset is a
long, but in other it indicates its an integer.

 Is there any possible work around this? Could the offset be set to
negative, and if so, will it start at the end of the file?

 I have installed  mpich2-1.3.1.

Thank you,