[mpich-discuss] MPICH error on CentOS

bharat gupta bharat.85.monu at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 18:22:29 CST 2013

I don't know much about mpi , as I am using gromacs which was complied with
mpi option. , But I read somewhere that

 " If a file named .mpd.conf is available in the user's home directory,
only the user can have read and write privileges. The file must minimally
contain a line with secretword=*<secretword>*. If you want to run MPD as
root, create the mpd.conf file in the /etc directory instead of .mpd.conf in
the root's home directory to run mpd as root. Avoid starting the MPD ring
under the root account." Here'e the link
http://software.intel.com/sites/products/documentation/hpc/ics/impi/41/lin/Reference_Manual/Multipurpose_Daemon_Commands.htm

And after using chmod 700 , I still get the same error, but when I create a
file mpd.conf in /etc I get the and added the secretword=<secretword> line
in the file and run the same command, I get this error:-

root at localhost INGT]# mpirun -np 24 mdrun -v -deffnm mdrun
mpdroot: perror msg: No such file or directory
mpdroot: cannot connect to local mpd at: /tmp/mpd2.console_root
    probable cause:  no mpd daemon on this machine
    possible cause:  unix socket /tmp/mpd2.console_root has been removed
mpiexec_localhost.localdomain (__init__ 1208): forked process failed;
status=255