[mpich-discuss] source code query

Huiwei Lu huiweilu at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Sep 14 19:39:10 CDT 2013

Hi, Volkan,

What version are you looking at? If there is no specific reason, we would
recommend you to use the newest mpich-3.0.4 which can be downloaded from
http://www.mpich.org/downloads/

The following are some documents to help you understand the function
MPIR_Err_create_code. Basically what this function does is to return a
error code when you do something wrong in MPI_ calls.
http://wiki.mpich.org/mpich/index.php/Coding_Standards#Returning_Error_Codes
http://wiki.mpich.org/mpich/index.php/Reporting_And_Returning_Error_Codes
http://wiki.mpich.org/mpich/index.php/Adding_New_Error_Messages

To help you improve your code reading skills to solve future problems like
this one. I would like to share with you one of my favorite books: Code
Reading: The Open Source Perspective. http://www.spinellis.gr/codereading/

Best,
Huiwei Lu
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~huiweilu/