[mpich-discuss] questiones related to MPICH3 on Mac

Feng Xiao fxiao at mymail.mines.edu
Sat Jan 4 21:32:35 CST 2014

hi there,

I am installing MPICH3 on Mac. Because my fortran code is big and so prefer
to use a IDE.
I installed Xcode, and will install Intel Fortran. I will use IDE to edit
the codes, but compile the code on Mac terminal.
I have MPI coding experience on both Linux and Windows, but eventually got
used to Intel Fortran and MPI windows installation for development and
debugging, and transferring source codes to a linux cluster for production.
0) The download of MPICH 3.0.4 contains windows related files, can I run
MPICH 3.0.4 on windows? although the MPICH site states the windows package
has MPICH1 as base model.
IF MPICH3 doesn't support windows, I am going to use Mac
1) I don't know if this is too troublesome to install Intel Fortran just
because I want a IDE, any other good fortran IDE on Mac?
2) Intel MPI and OpenMPI (it is said it comes with Mac OS) are also MPI
standard complaints, I guess the latest versions of them should have most
features of MPICH3? Such as neighborhood collectives and topology aware
communicator?

Thanks.

--
Feng Xiao