[mpich-discuss] MPICH 3.1rc2 build error on Darwin.

Jeff Hammond jeff.science at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 09:06:55 CST 2014

I always build MPICH from git by hand. MacPorts broke my toolchain such that I could not compile MPICH or MPI-free Fortran applications. I believe GCC and/or binutils stuff was improperly told to generate/work with 32bit objects. Replacing MacPorts with Homebrew solved my problems. I suppose I could have reinstalled MacPorts (since it worked fine for me for over a year before self-destructing) but an expert advised me to switch.

Jeff

Sent from my iPhone