[mpich-discuss] Failed to allocate memory for an unexpected message

Luiz Carlos da Costa Junior lcjunior at ufrj.br
Thu Jan 16 12:47:53 CST 2014

Yes, I am comparing original x new implementation.

The original implementation is as follows.

c-----------------------------------------------------------------------
      subroutine my_receiver_original
c     ------------------------------------------------------------------
      (...)

c     Local
c     -----
      integer*4 m_stat(MPI_STATUS_SIZE)
      character card*(zbuf)      ! buffer for messages received

      do while( keep_receiving )
        call MPI_RECV(card, zbuf, MPI_CHARACTER,
     .                MPI_ANY_SOURCE, M_RECCSV, MY_COMM,
     .                m_stat, m_ierr )

c       Process message: disk IO
c       ---------------
        <DO SOMETHING>