[mpich-discuss] Failed to allocate memory for an unexpected message

"Antonio J. Peña" apenya at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jan 16 12:57:52 CST 2014

A profiling of both of your codes would help to understand where the
time is spent and the difference between them in terms of performance.

   Antonio

On 01/16/2014 12:47 PM, Luiz Carlos da Costa Junior wrote:
> Yes, I am comparing original x new implementation.
>
> The original implementation is as follows.
>
> c-----------------------------------------------------------------------
>       subroutine my_receiver_original
> c ------------------------------------------------------------------
>       (...)
>
> c     Local
> c     -----
>       integer*4 m_stat(MPI_STATUS_SIZE)
>       character card*(zbuf)      ! buffer for messages received
>
>       do while( keep_receiving )
>         call MPI_RECV(card, zbuf, MPI_CHARACTER,
>      .  MPI_ANY_SOURCE, M_RECCSV, MY_COMM,
>      .  m_stat, m_ierr )
>
> c       Process message: disk IO
> c ---------------
>         <DO SOMETHING>
>         if( SOMETHING_ELSE ) then
> keep_receiving = .false.
>         end if
>       end do
>
>       (...)
>
>       return
>       end
>
> Regards,
> Luiz
>
> On 16 January 2014 16:19, Balaji, Pavan <balaji at mcs.anl.gov
> <mailto:balaji at mcs.anl.gov>> wrote:
>

>     On Jan 16, 2014, at 12:16 PM, Luiz Carlos da Costa Junior
>     <lcjunior at ufrj.br <mailto:lcjunior at ufrj.br>> wrote:
>     > No, these failures don't occur all the time. I have a successful
>     run (with my original implementation) which I am using as the base
>     case for comparison.
>
>     What are the two cases you are comparing?  Original implementation
>     vs. new implementation?  What's the original implementation?
>
>       --- Pavan

Antonio J. Peña
Postdoctoral Appointee
Argonne National Laboratory
9700 South Cass Avenue, Bldg. 240, Of. 3148
Argonne, IL 60439-4847
apenya at mcs.anl.gov
www.mcs.anl.gov/~apenya