[mpich-discuss] mpicc shell error of some kind

Brian Van Straalen bvstraalen at lbl.gov
Wed Jul 2 19:59:41 CDT 2014

I honestly don’t know how GCC is finding openmpi.   Yes, my Ubuntu ships with OpenMPI on it, but how is my mpich mpicc shell script removing mpich from the compile command?

hmmm, unless make is not taking my environment with it when sub make commands for some of my packages….. I get mpicc from mpich-3.1.1 through my modules, but openmpi is installed in the default /usr/local location….  I think I see the drift of the problem.