[mpich-discuss] ifort/mpich installation Mac 10.8.5

maurice van putten mvputten2002 at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 16 02:45:49 CDT 2014

Hi,

    Perhaps someone can provide a solution to what seems to be
a problem with installation of mpich.

    I installed ifort (intel) and mpich (via port install), compile
a basic test program mpif90 -I/usr/local/include -o tst tst.f
(here "I/usr/local/include" is included to find mpif-common.h),

PROGRAM mpitest
    integer           ierr,my_rank,nm_prcs
    include          "mpif-common.h"
    call MPI_INIT(ierr)
    write(*,*)MPI_INTEGER,MPI_REAL,MPI_DOUBLE_PRECISION
    call MPI_COMM_RANK(MPI_COMM_WORLD,my_rank,ierr)
    call MPI_COMM_SIZE(MPI_COMM_WORLD,nm_prcs,ierr)
    write(*,*)'MPI:',my_rank,nm_prcs,ierr
    call MPI_FINALIZE(ierr)
end

and do mpirun -np 2 ./tst. The result is

  7          13          17
 MPI:           0           1           0
           7          13          17
 MPI:           0           1           0

It shows that nm_prcs = 1 and both processes show the same my_rank = 0,
even though ierr =0.

The initialization in mpirun seem to fail, to assign a proper process count 2.

Any ideas on what's amiss?

Many thanks,

Henry.