[mpich-discuss] problems with installing mpich: library missed

Kirill Voronin kvoronin at labchem.sscc.ru
Thu Jul 24 07:01:07 CDT 2014

Hello everyone!

I am trying to install mpich in order to use PARDISO project 5.0.0
(cluster MPI version for distributed memory machines), and since it fails
during the compilation with the errors

ld: warning: libmpich.so.3, needed by
/ifs/home/icmmg/voronin/pardiso_proekt/pardiso_project/new/libpardiso500-MPI-INTEL1301-X86-64.so,
not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
ld: warning: libpmi.so.0, needed by
/ifs/home/icmmg/voronin/pardiso_proekt/pardiso_project/new/libpardiso500-MPI-INTEL1301-X86-64.so,
not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
ld: warning: liblimic2.so.0, needed by
/ifs/home/icmmg/voronin/pardiso_proekt/pardiso_project/new/libpardiso500-MPI-INTEL1301-X86-64.so,
not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)

I thought something related to mpich is missing (I found mpich
mvapich2-x-1.9-6 installed on the main node but the required libraries
were missing).

Following the MPICH Installer's guide I tried to install the latest
version of mpich into my home directory (with --enable-shared option) on
the cluster, but only libmpich.so appears (and some other stuff which
looks very far from the names of the libraries I need). No traces of
libpmi.s0.0 or liblimic2.so.0 and the wrong version of libimpich.so.

Can you give an idea why this happened or how can I deal with this problem?

Thank you in advance!
--
Kind regards,

Kirill Voronin