[mpich-discuss] bug in MPI_File_write_all?

Rob Latham robl at mcs.anl.gov
Tue May 20 10:01:27 CDT 2014

On 05/20/2014 09:37 AM, CANELA-XANDRI Oriol wrote:
> I am writing on a sshfs... Now, I tried on the 'local' disk (I am inside a virtual machine) and there seems that works ok. So, the problem is related with the sshfs?

sshfs and other fuse-based file systems have page-based accesses.  If
two processes attempt to write different parts of the same page, it
might not be clear who should win.

I don't know the exact details of the ssshfs/fusefs consistency
semantics, but apparently they are not adequate for parallel access.

==rob

--
Rob Latham
Argonne National Lab, IL USA