[mpich-discuss] Very long configuration time

Yida Wang yidawa at gmail.com
Wed May 21 13:17:21 CDT 2014

Hi Guys,

I would like to try out the feature of talking to Intel-MIC in MPICH2.
Therefore I downloaded mpich-3.1 and configured it as

> "./configure --host=x86_64-k1om-linux CC=icc CXX=icpc F77=ifort
> FC=ifort CFLAGS=-mmic CXXFLAGS=-mmic FFLAGS=-mmic FCFLAGS=-mmic
> LDFLAGS=-mmic"

However, it took a very long time (i.e. 8 hours) for me to finish the
configuration. Is it normal? Notice that my system doesn't have Infiniband
but 10GigE connection. However, I don't think this would affect the
configuration time.

Thanks,
YW