[mpich-discuss] Error: "MPIR_Get_contextid_sparse_group(1193): Too many communicators (0/2048)"

Ted Sariyski tsariysk at craft-tech.com
Wed May 21 16:10:44 CDT 2014

Hi,

I am working on a long-range interaction problem, so that communication
is "each-to-each", _although very sparse_. My current approach is as follow:
     1. If a process owns an object A,  it opens a shared window to this
object.
     2. If another process happens to generate data which belongs to A,
which is determined on the fly, it 'put' its share to A.

The algorithm works for small number of objects, but I need millions of
them. I wonder:
      1. Is it possible to increase the number of communicators above 2048?
      2. Is it a scalable  approach?

Again, although that communication is 'each-to-each', it is extremely
sparse. Any advise and comments are highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
--Ted