[mpich-discuss] Fwd: Make MPICH on Arch Linux

Scott O'Malley scottyomalley at gmail.com
Fri May 23 17:46:18 CDT 2014

No I haven't specified the number of threads, would you suggest limiting it
to 1 thread? I'm in the process of cleaning the make and will try again.
I've seen a few examples of people compiling it on a virtual machine then
porting the image to the Pi. I'll try running it with a single thread and
see what the result is

Scott

On 23 May 2014 23:09, Kenneth Raffenetti <raffenet at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> Seems it's just delaying the same behavior. If you check the kernel log,
> you will probably see the OOM Killer being invoked. Are you building with
> just 1 thread? i.e. no make -j<num>
>
> If it's the case that you can't get through a successful build, I would
> recommend building on a similar, beefier machine and copying the
> installation to the RaspberryPi.
>
> Ken
>

> On 05/23/2014 05:02 PM, Scott O'Malley wrote:
>
>> After moving the build folder to my home directory I was able to get the
>> make command to start correctly but it's still crashing out with an
>> error which seems to stem from the gcc compiler, has anyone any advice?
>>
>> I've attached the new m.txt and c.txt
>>
>> Scott
>>

>> On 23 May 2014 19:05, Kenneth Raffenetti <raffenet at mcs.anl.gov
>> <mailto:raffenet at mcs.anl.gov>> wrote:
>>
>>     I think you may be running into the OOM Killer. Is memory usage high
>>     on your machine? Is /tmp a tmpfs and not a real partition? If so,
>>     can you try building elsewhere?
>>
>>     Ken
>>

>>     On 05/23/2014 12:54 PM, Scott O'Malley wrote:
>>
>>         Hi Guys
>>
>>         I'm trying to build MPICH for Arch but when I get to the Make
>>         section of
>>         the user guide 3.1 I get an error, I've looked through the m.txt
>>         file as
>>         the guide suggests but the error message isn't particularly
>> helpful.
>>

>>         --
>>         - Scott
>>

>>         --