[mpich-discuss] communication device selection

Yida Wang yidawa at gmail.com
Mon May 26 10:50:25 CDT 2014

Hi Guys,

During configuration, I put in an optional argument as
"--with-device=ch3:nemesis:scif,tcp" to hopefully enable scif communication
through PCIe, and use tcp for remote communication.

However, it looks like that tcp channel is disabled by this setting. That
is, when I wanted to communicate between remote Xeon Phis, it returned
error saying that "channel initialization failed" and "scif_connect
failed", where I assume that tcp channel should be used instead of scif.

Moreover, when communicating between two remote hosts, it would get stuck
probably because it still tried to use scif channel.

Did I configure the communication device incorrectly?

Thanks,
YW