[mpich-discuss] Question regarding MPICH Examples

William Gropp wgropp at illinois.edu
Tue Nov 4 14:30:51 CST 2014

Note that some of these are not environment variables.  The mpiversion number is compared to the test level, and controls whether that test is run.  The timelimit option is really meaningful only for a script - its intended to terminate hangs; people are pretty good at that when running these manually.

Bill

On Nov 4, 2014, at 2:05 PM, Michael L. Stokes <Michael.Stokes at uah.edu> wrote:

> Kenneth,
>
> If I were to run these examples outside of the provided scripts, how would I used
> these environment variables?  There seems to be a multitude of ways environment
> variables can be specified.
>
> Thanks
> Mike
>
> On 11/04/2014 12:12 PM, Kenneth Raffenetti wrote:
>> Hi Mike,
>>
>> Those testlist files are interpreted by the mpich/test/mpi/runtests script to set actual MPICH/Hydra envvars.
>>
>> Ken
>>
>> On 11/04/2014 12:06 PM, Michael L. Stokes wrote:
>>> In the file testlist  (i.e rma directory) you have what looks like
>>> environment variables like timeLimit=600, mpiversion=3.0
>>> listed by the names of the tests (as well as the number of processors to
>>> pass to mpirun).
>>> How are these values used?  I looked in the mtest.c routines and there
>>> are environment variables (i.e. MPITEST_DEBUG, MPITEST_VERBOSE) that you
>>> read
>>> to control execution of the tests, but I don't see the ones listed here.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Mike