[mpich-discuss] Problem with RMA && MPI_Type_vector when stride value is relatively large (UPD)

Zhao, Xin xinzhao3 at illinois.edu
Fri Oct 31 09:28:26 CDT 2014

Hi Victor,

The "at_completion_counter" is used to detect the completion of all RMA operations on target side, (Win_fence / Win_complete can return after it reaches zero). It is initialized as the number of expected origins and is decremented when target receives the last operation from one origin. However, the GET-like operations needs to send back data, which may not finish immediately when target receives the GET-like packet, so here we increment that counter when target receives a GET-like packet and decrement it when the sending back process finishes (where your assertion failure happens).

Is it possible for you to reproduce this bug in a simple program? So that I can look at what's going wrong.

Thanks,
Xin