[mpich-discuss] MPI log via MPE on CRAY XC30 machine

William Gropp wgropp at illinois.edu
Wed Sep 17 14:37:04 CDT 2014

To answer this question, MPE doesn’t do anything elaborate.  It defines its own implementation of all of the MPI (1 and 2) functions, and calls the relevant PMPI versions to perform the actions.  Thus, if you have object files, relinking with the MPE libraries is sufficient.  It is not necessary to recompile any of the program.  MPI_Finalize is replaced and generates the log files before calling PMPI_Finalize.

As Pavan notes, if you are composing several systems, the PNMPI tool is a good choice.

Bill