[mpich-discuss] How many ports for MPIEXEC_PORT_RANGE?

Huiwei Lu huiweilu at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Apr 15 03:53:23 CDT 2015

Hi Josef,

I am not familiar with MPICH_PORT_RANGE but I think you can experiment how
many ports does each process need. For starters, you can probably estimate
a minimum of 6 ports per process.

There was an old post about MPICH_PORT_RANGE but I think the suggestion is
still valid today.
http://lists.mcs.anl.gov/pipermail/mpich-discuss/2006-July/001485.html

Best regards,

--