[mpich-discuss] Trouble building with PGI and IB

Martin Cuma martin.cuma at utah.edu
Wed Apr 8 17:34:40 CDT 2015

Hello,

I am trying to build MPICH2 with PGI compilers (15.1) and
-with-device=ch3:nemesis:ib
and I am getting errors during the compilation.

Here's how I configure MPICH:
setenv CC pgcc
setenv CXX pgCC
setenv FC pgf90
setenv F77 pgf90
setenv FC pgf90
  setenv FFLAGS   "-tp=nehalem-64"
  setenv FCFLAGS  "-tp=nehalem-64"
  setenv CFLAGS   "-tp=nehalem-64"
  setenv CXXFLAGS "-tp=nehalem-64"
  setenv LDFLAGS  "-tp=nehalem-64"

../../../srcdir/mpich/3.1.4/configure
--prefix=/uufs/chpc.utah.edu/sys/installdir/mpich/3.1.4p --enable-romio
--with-file-system=nfs+ufs --with-mpe -with-device=ch3:nemesis:ib
--enable-fast=all --enable-threads=runtime

There are multiple errors like:
PGC-S-0060-immed_len is not a member of this struct or union
(../../../srcdir/mpich/3.1.4/src/mpid/ch3/channels/nemesis/netmod/ib/ib_poll.c:
1847)

Before I spam the list with more details, I'd like to first ask if anyone
has experience with building MPICH with PGI and IB device, or if I am
doing something wrong with the configuration.

Note that MPICH builds fine with PGI and tcp and also the IB builds fine
with our other supported compilers (Intel and GNU).

Thanks,
MC

--
Martin Cuma