[mpich-discuss] MPI process binding on SunOS systems

Aurélien Larcher aurelien.larcher at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 11:14:37 CDT 2015

Hi,
running parallel code on my workstation (with OpenIndiana) I discovered
that MPI processes were migrated on a regular basis from one core to
another.

On SunOS systems the command 'pbind' allows binding a process to a specific
core.
So I am wondering if binding automatically each process to the next
available core is supported directly from MPICH ?

Best regards

Aurelien

LARCHER Aurélien          | KTH, School of Computer Science and
Communication
Work: +46 (0) 8 790 71 42 | Lindstedtsvägen 5, Plan 4, 100 44 Stockholm,
SWEDEN